How to survive in college life?

Focus on your studies. Eat right and be healthy.

Wear bullet proof jacket. Also have a gun with you all the time you are inside the campus.

• :)

As a senior, I know how hard it was for me, and still is. I think I’m doing it right though. Everyone around me is impressed wit how well I balance school, health, and fun. Here is what I do:

1) Study. Stick the the syllabus even if the teacher falls behind. Keep going because it’s never a bad thing to be ahead. Also, plan your week out every Sunday. Assign yourself work for each class.

2) work out. Please scehdule time to work out. 2-4 hours a week. Your body and mental health will thank me later.

3) Have one day a week dedicated to doing nothing. For me, it’s fridays after class. No homework, no studying, no gym. I just chill out or go have fun.

4) Parties are fine and alcohol is fine in moderation. Don’t get into the habit of partying too close to test dates.

5) Clean your space every Sunday morning

6) call home! It’s good for you and your family

7) Try not to have a habit of doing work/studying past 11pm. Go to bed! Learn time management. You’ll finish up tomorrow.

Go to every class, even if they don't take attendance. Do the readings and homework, even if nobody checks to see that you did the work. Put in a ratio of 2-3 study hours a week for every one credit hour you take (that's why they call it going to school full time).

Use the resources provided to you, including office hours, tutoring, course syllabi, and rubrics.

Join a couple of clubs on campus that don't involve drinking like you want to die, and go to those clubs regularly. You will make friends.

Don't eat like **** just because your parents aren't around. Liquid calories (booze, soda, etc.) account for a huge chunk of the freshman fifteen. Continue to exercise, and build healthy habits early on (you'll thank yourself in your mid-twenties).

Finally, remember why you're there. A lot comes after college and preparing while you're there helps. Do internships/co-ops. Get a part time job. Build your resume and skills so you have somewhere to land when you're done.

It's really easy. The only stressful part of college is contributing time on assignments before due date.

Physical - Eat, Exercise, Sleep well

Mental - Study, Research, Lectures, Tutorials

Emotional - Self awareness, Friends, Relationships, Family

Spiritual - Values, Priorities, Higher calling, Do good