Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 9 months ago

How do I get ideas on how to build a grown up guest room themed around the year 1984 not the book?

my guest room is pale pink with country blue French toile bedding and I like that all I have is a huge wicker heart hanging above the dresser I like to draw or paint pop art, I like volunteering at Meals on Wheels, I like working out, I like music and film

It might be cool to paint or purchase album covers of music or posters of interesting films that were released that year as wall art. You mention the book 1984, why NOT make that part of your theme somehow........reading material in the room comparing and contrasting the book with the actual state of the world in 84 or have the book on a shelf with others. You could put a collection of movies from that decade in the room if there is a TV available........good luck!

Look at significant events that year for inspiration but not, I suggest, the assassination of Mrs Gandhi

You know back then i could throw a pigskin a quarter mile. How much you wanna make a bet I could throw a football over them mountains? If coach had put me in fourth-quarter we'd a been state champions no doubt, no doubt my mind