promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 8 months ago

For men who are married or divorced, were you ever worried that your wife/ex-wife would divorce you and take half of all of your things?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Fred
    Lv 5
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

The bad news is: I had a very ugly divorce, my wife took everything (down to electric fence insulators), I had to pay for everything, and had to pay for some time. She took the phony gifts she gave me. When I left, I took an alarm clock so I would wake up to go to work; she was swearing at me over it. When she moved to another house my children stepped in and I received the furniture I built in High School wood shop!

The good news is: I would gladly do it all over again just to be rid of her!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

Yes, specially cause she tells me every time we argue. 

Females are evil man, be cautious, plan well. 

• ?
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Not worried. Married when we were both new graduates, with a couple thousand dollars in the bank, and a broken down car. Everything we have now has been due to both of us working for it.

If either one of us decides to divorce, then we each deserve half.

So no worries.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

nope...before I divorced my cheating ex, I ensured that I had destroyed everything of value, drained the bank accounts, blew up her reputation at work, at the church and with family...she got not one thing in cash or prizes. She did, however, become a pariah and homeless....

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

The ex blew through all the money before we got divorced.

• rick
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yes. At one time my first wife even took out a "hit" on me. Since that time, my parents became beneficiaries of my life insurance, and I made them and a trusted friend, the beneficiaries in my will. I've never again, been worth more dead than alive, to a wife.

• 8 months ago

No. but I married well. Also note you get half of her things......

• 8 months ago

Marriage is legalized prostitution so her taking away half of your property on divorce is payment for her being a wife and giving you sex all these years.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.