Anonymous

Why are Americans so proud of being Americans and Africans not so proud of being African? (Own experience)?

A research

Favorite Answer

If, by American, you mean a citizen of the USA then you are talking about the citizens of one nation. Are Americans proud of being North American along with Panamanians, Costa Ricans, Nicaraguans, Cubans, Greenlanders (and many more)? Africa is the second largest continent with fifty four countries. Nigerians are proud to be Nigerians, Kenyans Kenyan, Namibians Namibian, Moroccans Moroccan and Egyptians Egyptian but citizens of those countries are no more proud of being African than Americans are of being North American.

• Tai

I'm an American, and I just don't see a point in being proud of an accident of birth like your nationality, but everyone is entitled to their opinions, I guess.