Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 5 months ago

Are you obliged to give two gifts to twins?

Been invited to a twins birthday party (just the ONE party) so wanting to just bring one present, that both boys can use eg football or a game. Both can share, and really have to have 2 players for it to work. I know my child will get only one bag of sweets after it not TWO so why should anyone bring two presents?? what is the expectation? what do you do?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No you're not obliged. The only thing you are obliged to do is to stop being a nitwit moron cheapa$$.

• 4 months ago

Aww – why be cheap?  Don't make up excuses for giving only one gift.  Those are two separate boys, and each one should receive a gift according to his own tastes and preferences.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Two birthdays two presents.

• 5 months ago

A gift that they realistically can and would share, like a football, is perfectly OK.

But if you can't find something that's OBVIOUSLY for more than one person to enjoy, you'll have to get them each a separate present.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • edward
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I was invited once to a debut for twin girls. They’re 18, they get two separate gifts. I went to a birthday of 14 yesr old boys before, again, two gifts

• Lita
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

You bring two gifts because there are two people whose birthday you are celebrating. The fact that your child will only get one bag of sweets doesn't matter.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

If you're going to let your child bring a gift for the birthday child when he goes to their party, it means bring two presents if they are twins. They may be twins, but they're still individual people.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

i would bring two, im a twin myself

• drip
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It is pathetic to only buy one child a gift because your son gets one treat bag. That isn’t the reason to attend a birthday party or to determine the gift you buy.

Is this what you want to teach your son?

• 5 months ago

That's up to you. If you don't want to buy 2 gifts, don't. Buy one they can share.

But claiming your son will only get one bag of sweets sounds pathetic. Is that really why you buy gifts?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.