Sol asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 10 months ago

Are there any books about realizing/expressing your femininity?

Just to be clear, I don t mean feminist books or books about motherhood or anything religious. I simply want to connect more with my femininity and I m finding myself out of ideas how to embody something I ve always suppressed for various reasons.

Update:

And I guess I have to add that I'm biologically female and not interested in modern ideas about gender. I'm specifically asking about the age old idea of femininity.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • j153e
    Lv 7
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The Kindness Challenge by Shaunti Feldhahn;

Let Me Be a Woman by Elisabeth Elliot (she is a Christian);

Shaunti Feldhahn also has a book about the feminine in relatinship: For Couples Only.

• Sol10 months agoReport

Thank you so much!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

You might like to read 'The Total Woman' by Marabel Morgan. Plenty of traditional don't-talk-back-to-him advice.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

I think the women's magazines are your best bet, but I'd ignore Cosmopolitan (very trashy) and stick to the better, more upscale publications like Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire, and Vogue.

• Sol10 months agoReport

Nah, not what I meant, but thank you

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

yes, those are called women's magazines; like cosmopolitan, marie claire, ms., redbook, and others. the next step to finding-out that you are a woman, is to learn to be the "queen bee" and to own all of the world's femininity for your own self.

then, you can mock the others for attempting to look like you do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

If you mean a concern for beauty, personal appearance, flirtatiousness, social smoothness, fashion, and the softer side of life, there are 'polishing schools' for girls and young ladies. These schools focus on carriage, deportment, social graces, etiquette, dance, and perhaps things like literature and music. You can certainly learn about things like literature, dance and music on your own. Deportment, grace and etiquette might require coaching.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

They're called "finishing" schools, and they really no longer exist to any great extent. Those that still do are specializing in trying to train women executives in etiquette and entertaining skills, that sort of thing.

• susan
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

This one is pretty good. It's written from a Christian perspective.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/11413.Captiva...

• Sol10 months agoReport

Thank you very much

• 10 months ago

Try Amazon or the library.

• Sol10 months agoReport

You know what, Amazon was actually a good call, thanks!

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

there might be, you could try and see if amazon has them

• Matt
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

Just do you. Whatever apeals to your selfesteem within legal limits.

• Jay R
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

You're probably on track for integrating your feminine aspects. Don't resist this growth and you'll be great.

• Sol10 months agoReport

I'm over 25 and struggling with this. If it was just happening naturally, I wouldn't be seeking help, believe me... Thanks for the words of encouragement though

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.