Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 months ago

I scored 131 on an official iq test and joined a High Iq society.But online I get different results .Like 100 or 145 .What is my iq in?

the end?

A lot of online IQ tests aren't accurate. They're there to bring people to their websites, and possibly look at ads. Or, they may want to charge you for results that don't mean much, even though test takers might think the results mean something.

That doesn't explain your low result, tho. Most of those inaccurate tests err on the high side. If they give you a high score, you are more likely to buy their vanity certificate, and more likely to suggest others visit their website.

It could be, when you got the score of 100, you were simply having an off day. It happens. It could be it was a poorly designed test. That happens, too. Some days you do poorly. Some days, you do better than you usually do.

I'd go with the results that allowed you to join the High IQ society.

The only recognised high IQ society I know of is Mensa and an IQ of 131 wouldn't allow you membership as you wouldn't be in the top 2% of the population. IF you had an IQ of 131 you'd know that online tests are absolutely useless. Nice try though.

Source(s): I'm a member of Mensa.
  • Marc

Youve come to land of morons and idiots asking about high IQ. Are you sure you have a high IQ? Seems like something a moron or idiot would do.

IQ is about as good as the test that was used to measure it. All 3 could be correct.