Anonymous

Is it hard to become a claims adjuster? Is it a good career path?

I have a business degree and was self-employed. Now I work in a call center. I was just thinking of something to go for.

Depends on you and your abilities and if you fit doing that kinda work. What may be hard for me, may not be hard for you. Asking complete strangers does nothing to help you, if you are curious enough you need to try it and see whether it's hard for you or not. You most likely need an education in the field before being considered.

i would try it and see and then you'll know

I am a retired claims adjuster. I had to have a degree to get hired. It is a tough job, seemingly always fighting someone over money. It did work for me. I worked at it for 28 years, became a manager of a branch claims office and retired early at age 58. With my company I got sent out on temporary assignments: Los Angeles, Hamden, Connecticut, Montana, West Virginia and a few others.