Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 10 months ago

How do I fix my walking and running stance?

I am just shy of 18 years old, 6'1, size 13 in shoes, and an ectomorph. Every time I walk, my feet are all over the place and it's so hard to control them in a straight line. It's hard to play sports due to lack of proper moving techniques with my feet. I never used to be this way when I was a child because my body used to be proportional. I am an ectomorph, and my limbs are like toothpicks, with wide giant flippers attached to them.

My right foot even sort of caves in now and moving has become completely messed up for me.

How do I fix this?

ask someone to help you practice it

You may have some malformation in the bones of your legs or something. I would start by being looked over by an orthopedic doctor. If you can do that.

Otherwise it's just a matter of making the right habits. Consciously put your feet one in front of the other (not exactly in front, of course). Think about where you're putting your feet. LOOK at them while you walk, if that helps (but don't walk into a busy street or anything). You may be able to fix it just by working on it, making new habits.