? asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 10 months ago

Why are wasp on my window?

For the past two weeks, there have been 6 yellow jackets just sitting still on the window of my back door. If I jar the door they will all fly away then come back 20 minutes later. You can walk in front of them and they will not move. They don’t seem aggressive. I just don’t understand why they have been just sitting there for weeks. There isn’t a nest, they just sit in the open.

Those sound like paper wasps and bet there is a nest nearby or soon will be.

These sort also gather where it is warmer than other areas.

Normally, they are not aggressive at all, but can sting if threatened.

My guess it is cooling off and the wasps attracted to warmth at the window.

I had perhaps thousands around the house one season, odd for my location so studied up on them a bit. In that, I got up close and personal with them, getting them to eat bits of fruit from my hand, much like my bees drinking honey.

Had them land on me, drink a little sweat and go on their way. smack them, they are gonna sting.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/32083154@N02/9767704...

They are pollinators like bees, so beneficial. Best you just ignore them the rest of the season, a little respect, they have no intention of bothering you.

have you tried cleaning your window? nad around it

Peeping Tom's? Maybe try cleaning the glass as there is something there they like.

cause they like your window