I'm struggling on my Astro homework a bit for this one question. I don't even know where to start.?

9. (6 points) While observing at the Palomar Observatory (longitude 116◦ 52′ W, latitude 33◦ 21′ N) on 10 July at 10:12 GMT, the telescope suddenly halts somewhere east of the meridian while moving between targets in your observing program and begins tracking at a random place of sky. The telescope’s right... show more 9. (6 points) While observing at the Palomar Observatory (longitude 116◦ 52′ W, latitude 33◦ 21′ N) on 10 July at 10:12 GMT, the telescope suddenly halts somewhere east of the meridian while moving between targets in your observing program and begins tracking at a random place of sky. The telescope’s right ascension indicator has broken, but the declination reads +41◦ 36′ and the zenith angle is 35◦ 07′. As you gaze at the field, a star suddenly appears and begins to brighten: the first visible Galactic supernova since Kepler! Alas, you cannot announce your discovery unless you can provide the celestial coordinates of the object: can you do so, or have you lost your chance at immortality?
0