Anonymous

Do jobs still send rejection letters and notices?

I had a interview with social services. They were looking to hire a lot of people, so they say. The start date would be sometime in October. The interview was about 4 weeks ago. The ladies who interviewed me told me it would take 4 or several weeks before I hear a response. So far no response and it's stressing me out

Yes they certainly do they'll send you an email that says we have picked a more suitable and qualified applicant!

• Judy

Some do, but many don't. good luck.

some of them might, maybe you should call them up

• Eva

It's unlikely that you would hear anything before the first of October if there aren't looking to fill the positions until sometime that month.

Some jobs respond. Some don't. Some offices hire nimrods who will send you a 'you are qualified' email AND a 'you are not qualified' email - at the same time. Some arzehats send out 'rejection' letters for jobs you never applied for. Keep applying at other places. You will hear from someone, in good time.

• hamel5

If it's a government agency, you'll get a hiring letter or rejection letter. Private sector? probably not. After 4 weeks, give them a call or send an email. Keep looking

Don't hold your breath.

When I was job hunting, only about half of the companies sent a rejection letter, email, or phone call.

PHONE them. Do NOT use email, snail mail, messages, voice mail, nor any indirect approach. Make sure that you directly speak with the manager.