How to heal a deep cut on finger?

I was cutting a piece of wood on a band saw, my hand slipped and my pinky finger ran into the blade. It barely hurt and it still isn’t hurting much. I can see that it cut through a layer of flesh. A few seconds later it started bleeding quite a bit. I took a paper towel and put pressure on it, and now the bleeding stopped. Now I’ve got this cut that looks about 2-3mm deep and about a centimeter wide. What should I put on it or do I just leave it be?

Update:

Forgot to mention that it has dry blood on it and there's a tiny amount of a clear fluid coming out of it

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Alex
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best answer

Best thing for a cut like that is a butterfly closure. It's not a bandaid, but a bit of adhesive tape that will hold the wound closed while it heals.

Failing that...a small-ish bandaid wrapped the right way to hold the cut closed would also help.

Absolute worst case scenario...a small drop of super glue.

• Joe
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

That's what I was thinking: butterfly closures. Google for it: you'll see how to use them.

• 2 months ago

First drop a couple of drops of hydrogen peroxide into the wound. Then rinse it out. Dry it with warm air from a hair dryer. Drop a drop of crazy glue into the wound and pull it together! Your finger will heal right on up you won't get infected from that and you will be surprised how wonderfully Krazy glue holds your wound together and keeps it from leaking in bleeding all over.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

suture self ........

• Marc
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If its on your pinky I would imagine that the length is not too long. Make sure that you keep it clean and dry. You can apply some antibacterial ointment on it for the first few days but after that just keep it clean and it will heal.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You have to amputate

• 2 months ago

I would disinfect it and put a plaster on it to stop dirt getting in and making it infected until it’s scabbed over

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.