Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 months ago

Hahahahahaha Drew Brees is out for at least 6 weeks lmfao. Are the saints done?

This is karma for saints blaming the refs for their loss in he nfc championship. As a rams fan I’m so happy Aaron Donald took him out.

No the Saints aren't "done". If they win even 3 out of 6 with Brees out they've still got a very good chance to make the playoffs.

I never wish for any NFL player getting hurt, and Drew Brees is by all accounts a super solid dude off the field so I feel really bad for him getting hurt and I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

That said, as someone who watched the Saints get pushed WWE-style into the Superbowl in 2010 by virtue of not one but at least FOUR ridiculous blown/missed calls by the refs in that NFC Championship game, I can't say I feel bad for the Saints' organization right now. I don't believe in "karma" myself, but the Saints getting completely jobbed on that pass interference call against the Rams last year sure did seem like a case of "karma" biting them in the rear for benefiting from a bunch of terrible calls in the 2010 NFC title game. And I can see how losing their starting QB early in the rematch-game also could seem less than "random" if you were someone who believes in karma

• Mike L

Good luck with Goff. Even your coach admitted that call was crap. Bridgewater is more solid than Goff.

Hooray for Vikings fans

• Mike W

Drew Brees being out for 6 weeks is just bad luck. If the Saints aren't deep enough that they can't win in his absence, then they weren't deep enough to win a championship anyway. The 1972 Miami Dolphins lost their starting quarterback in week 5 of the season, they still went undefeated.

The Saints have a good defense, and Teddy Bridgewater once guided another team with a good defense to a divisional championship. He couldn't beat the Rams yesterday, but the Rams has a good defense too. The Rams held New England to a low score in the last Super Bowl remember?

• Sathi

I can’t stand the Saints, but that was a horrific call in the NFCCG. They should have been in the Super Bowl. They might have beaten the Pats, too.

Guess you're still mad your team lost the Super Bowl then, since the NFL admitted the refs made a mistake.

• Bob

No I don't think they are done, and the fact that you are happy that a player got hurt says a lot about you.