promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 months ago

Hahahahahaha Drew Brees is out for at least 6 weeks lmfao. Are the saints done?

This is karma for saints blaming the refs for their loss in he nfc championship. As a rams fan I’m so happy Aaron Donald took him out.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

No the Saints aren't "done". If they win even 3 out of 6 with Brees out they've still got a very good chance to make the playoffs.

I never wish for any NFL player getting hurt, and Drew Brees is by all accounts a super solid dude off the field so I feel really bad for him getting hurt and I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

That said, as someone who watched the Saints get pushed WWE-style into the Superbowl in 2010 by virtue of not one but at least FOUR ridiculous blown/missed calls by the refs in that NFC Championship game, I can't say I feel bad for the Saints' organization right now. I don't believe in "karma" myself, but the Saints getting completely jobbed on that pass interference call against the Rams last year sure did seem like a case of "karma" biting them in the rear for benefiting from a bunch of terrible calls in the 2010 NFC title game. And I can see how losing their starting QB early in the rematch-game also could seem less than "random" if you were someone who believes in karma

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Mike L
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Good luck with Goff. Even your coach admitted that call was crap. Bridgewater is more solid than Goff.

• 9 months ago

Hooray for Vikings fans

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Drew Brees being out for 6 weeks is just bad luck. If the Saints aren't deep enough that they can't win in his absence, then they weren't deep enough to win a championship anyway. The 1972 Miami Dolphins lost their starting quarterback in week 5 of the season, they still went undefeated.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

The Saints have a good defense, and Teddy Bridgewater once guided another team with a good defense to a divisional championship. He couldn't beat the Rams yesterday, but the Rams has a good defense too. The Rams held New England to a low score in the last Super Bowl remember?

• Sathi
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

I can’t stand the Saints, but that was a horrific call in the NFCCG. They should have been in the Super Bowl. They might have beaten the Pats, too.

• 9 months ago

Guess you're still mad your team lost the Super Bowl then, since the NFL admitted the refs made a mistake.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

No I don't think they are done, and the fact that you are happy that a player got hurt says a lot about you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.