Pictures of Saudi Drone Attack shows they neatly punched holes in storage tanks?

Seems like you could repair a storage tank by welding a plate over i reasonably quickly compared to aiming for the pipes, valves, and SCADA switchgear, etc that would have rendered the facility unoperational for months.All that is untouched, so big storage tank fires and everything else left in place.

So, are the attackers idiots or what. its like WW2 bombers attacking the shed but not th railyard, or the airpplane hanger but leaving the runway intact.

Update:

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You make a valid point Lisa. Four nice neat holes that can be patched up in a day or two. The fires was impressive, and the headlines said half the world's supply is destroyed or something.

I thought Israel might have fired off a few missiles to stir things up, but missiles would not have been as accurate, and the damage as you say is extremely neat.

Once again the US is building up to war.

• August
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

thanks for the update.It now seems even more iffy

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ah, wouldn’t you think the Iranians could get it right with their advanced missile technology. But oh well, I guess that refinery was blessed.

• 2 months ago

Surely your not suggesting that these neatly punched holes in these storage tanks were created by a shaped charge are you, surely not.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

What about all the fire damage?

• Lisa Burgit Horst
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

I think if you look at the pics, fire damage is localized to what would have looked like what's called a BLEVE like a tea kettle. flames shoot out of the hole. the rest of the facilty seems reasonably  untouched, my point

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Oh yes, weld a plate over the hole. You should email King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and advise him.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.