Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 9 months ago

What would you do in a situation like this?

A girl who was supposed to be my dop or cinematographer sent me these messages.This was the exchange.

Her:-I'll do your project if you write a good story.

Me:-Okay.

Her:-Please don't tell this to anyone

Me:-Why?Be frank

Her:-First reason is your a horrible script writer.

Second reason is your character annoys everyone including me

Third is you involve parents in every matter.

I don't want to announce everyone I'm doing your project and spoil my name.

I declined saying I don't want to work with her.But I was forced to work with her because of a professor(I'm from a film school btw)

She called me to three different locations away from college and changed my script three times.I complained to my professor saying I don't want to work with such a person.Finally I didn't end up doing the project with her.And she had the audacity to complain to the teacher that I only went to her with a log line or one line for my film which was bs.This was a complete lie as I went to her with a fully written script.This was truly despicable behaviour.How would you have handled this person?

I, you really want an honest opinion.? Ok here goes. I would have gone to the instructor with the things she said in her text and asked to be re-assigned to someone else, who was more willing to work with me in an objective manner.

• Stan Rupert8 months agoReport

Thanks for the answer and so sorry for the late reply.I don't talk to her anymore.But I ended up doing the project with a different person.Why did you think this person talked to me like this?Because of jealousy,hatred?I have never done anything bad to anyone in my college.

• steve

Don't know as I am not a film maker so don't know what any of that means.

I would probably tell my boss of my concerns and refuse to work with her again.