promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

Why do companies do job shadowing before hiring?

I interviewed with a company and I got throw all rounds of interviews and they want to bring me back in for job shadowing. Does this mean I got the job and they want to just see how I am in a work environment? Is it that they got 2 or so many best candidates and see how’s the best?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Sometimes the best way to see if someone's a good fit for the job is to observe them on the job. More job interviews should be more like Donald Trump Celebrity Apprentice style. Give a bunch of applicants a real-world simulated task and see how they do. That'd be fun and interactive for the applicants. It's a lot less awkward than a formal interview.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Eva
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

They want to see if you can really do what you say you can. They have trimmed it down to the best 2 or 3 candidates. You don't have the job yet.

• 9 months ago

They are watching for several things.

1. do you ask pertinent questions? Intelligent questions?

2. would you have difficulty doing the duties required?

3. how actively engaged are you with the shadowing?

4. if you would have difficulty, are you ASKING about it, about extra training, etc.

• 9 months ago

Interviewing is supposed to be a two-way evaluation.

The company evaluates you as much as you evaluate the company.

Why do the do job shadowing... to make sure you are a fit... and to provide you a "day in the life".

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

i know, ask a dozen more times.

• Stoo
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Consider it an extended interview. But also consider "shadowing" is not working. If they're just trying to get you to work for free, that's kind of a problem. Feel free to ask for a day's pay if you don't get the job - and report to local labor authorities if you feel that "shadowing" was actually work. On the job training is paid labor.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Have you ever been in an office where there was one person who annoyed the shiit out of everyone else? That's why.

Your experience, education and work ethic will only get you so far. You have to be a reasonable "fit" for the people you have to work with.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.