Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 9 months ago

Is silicone calk the best option for filling in gaps between OSBs in my roof/balcony? I intend to cover it with EPDM not paint it. Thanks!?

You do not need silicone caulk. Ordinary exterior grade caulk does just as well.

Caulk would only temporarily fix the issues as it is not water proof. It will soon crack in dry weather settings or peel off in wet conditions. A better alternative would be to use an epoxy resin filler to fill in the gaps between OSBs in your roof/balcony. A strong epoxy resin filler will not only fill in the gaps but also make your surface water proof. Roofs and balconies are often exposed to rains or scorching heats. A temperature and water-resistant product should solve your problem. You can then easily cover the surface with an EPDM. I have tried this product sentura, and it worked fine for me.

I would use a weatherproof grab adhesive. This will resist movement in the joints.