Anonymous

Should I look for a new job or stay?

I took a new job 4 months ago leaving my old company of 6 years. I have 7 years of accounting and finance experience. I was told this would be a mixed role and so far it's just transactional. I filled in for a woman that was on maternity leave now she is back and the manager is unsure what my role will be, so far I've been helping her for a couple weeks now. I took the role because I was told it was a mixed role and it also has better benefits than my old company, such as tuition reimbursement. However I'm bored out of my mind and I dislike that I'm waiting around to find out what my job will be. I plan on starting my MBA in a few months to take advantage of the tuition reimbursement. I'm not sure if I should stay here and see what happens or look for a new position. Advice?

If you feel that you are not being treated continue looking.

weird... a guy asked this same question months ago....

But I would have expected him to have at least 9 months of tenure at this job and had already started him MBA program.

PS... if you can't bother to even update the dates you have been employed, be glad that someone is willing to employ such a lazy accountant who doesn't care about details.

It seems that if you are depending on the tuition reimbursement you have no choice but to remain there unless you can find a job that also offers the same or similar benefits. The only way you'll know that is to start looking.