Chloe asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 10 months ago

This is my 1st job. On 1st day I wore a full face of makeup (including lashes & liner and the contour stuff) Got told to tone down?

I Toned it down and then the next day I wore: My base makeup ( including bronzer, highlighter, blush), smaller/less dramatic lashes, my everyday eyebrows and liner. I got rid of my eyeshadow & lipstick. I got told I was still wearing too much... I'm kind of upset as I have made effort to tone down 3 things. I enjoy makeup a lot and it's one of the things that make me feel comfortable and happy. I wear my everyday base makeup as I am pale and if I don't do my bronzer, highlighter, blush

#2 I look really ghostly and have no dimensions... which I find looks even more unnatural.

• Jerry

Unless you're dramatically dressed for something like a nightclub or New Year's Eve party, your make up should be barely noticeable. If your eyeliner is such that people notice it without particularly looking for it, then your eyeliner is too dramatic. Ditto for bronzer, highlighter, blush, concealer, foundation, powder, mascara, eyeshadow, eyeliner, brow color. Excepting lipstick, people shouldn't be able to readily tell whether or not you're wearing make up. It should look like it's your real face, not like something out of a tube.

What is your job? If it is something professional like a doctor, then you will want to look professional

• John's Girl10 months agoReport

You don’t have to go without, just make do with less. Try looking on YouTube for easy and natural or everyday work-friendly makeup looks...