is there any supplements/foods/drinks that can prevent or help osteoarthritis?

i'm a man early forties and i think i 'might' be getting osteoarthritis in my first finger and knuckle joint on my right hand....because i'm getting an aching feeling in the area when pressing against the joint or when handling something heavy....i'm not certain it's osteoarthritis because i haven't been to a doctor.....also i have never had an injury in that area of my hand.

but i want to know here, is there any foods/ drinks/supplements etc which can prevent or help osteoarthritis in case thats what i have?

4 Answers

  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    It's always a good idea to get an official diagnosis rather than just assume things. You might have tendinitis or gout. Osteoarthritis is a combination of inflammation and worn cartilage.  So some things you can look into include:

    1.  Change your diet to massive decrease foods that cause inflammation.  This would includes all types of sugar, processed food, fast foods, and many carbohydrates.  Read the book The Plant Paradox to understand this.

    2.  There are several supplements that some people find helpful.  These include glucosamine, chondroitin, Vitamin D3, fish oil. turmeric, and MSM. While none of these will hurt you and some are good for general health, they won't address the problem if you don't have arthritis. 

  • Marc
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

    CBD oil is good for the inflammation associated with OA. Also Tumeric and topical applications of ice and or things like biofreeze can help.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

    Ketogenic diet works for inflammation of all types

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

    Find out what it is before you try to treat it. Don't guess. Let your doctor try.

    There are many nutrients and supplement with claims to help arthritis. CBD cannabis oil is the latest. You will need to do a lot of research to separate any grains to truth from the nonsense. Again you could start by asking your doctor.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.