Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 8 months ago

I AM BEING MADE FUN OF BECUZ OF MY NAME ! WHY DO PEOPLE CALL RICHARD DICK ?

My name is Richard. In my childhood my friends used to call me Richie or Richie Rich. It all was normal and made since. But since i have started going to college I have been bullied for my name. People call me d.i.c.k instead of Richard or richie. They say it is short for richard but it doesnt make any sense i dont even have a bloody K in my name how can it be dixk. Everyday everyone cracks penis or dick jokes around me. Some bullies stick out their penises everytime i pass by. I am being harassed all the time. Someone drew a dick on my locker and just yesterday someone pissed in my water bottle. When i get angry they simply say that since i am dixk i should be enjoying this. People are now asking me if i wanna see them jerk off. Oneday i was sick so i vommited in class instead of helping me out someone said that is the biggest *** shot they have ever seen and all the class started laughing and there i lay in my puke and tears. WHY ARE THEY CALLING ME DICK ???????

• Edna

Well, your "friends" don't know squat and they're behaving like juveniles. "Dick" IS a nickname for Richard. President Richard Nixon was often referred to (in print and on TV) as "DIck" Nixon. Nobody thought anything about it, because everyone knew that "Dick" is a nickname for Richard.

A couple of other famous people whose first name is Richard, but are called "Dick": "Dick" Chaney; "Dick" Van Patten; "Dick" Van Dyke.

Forget about it. It could be worse. Your last name could have been "Head" and your first name "Richard". Then, they would call you "Dick" Head. I knew a guy with that name.

• I care

Sorry this is happening...…..just repeat to the rude individuals that your name is Richard......and just move on and ignore them...…...hopefully they will fade away. Your reactions are what they are playing on.....and one would think after High School all that garbage would not happen.....by this bunch of weird people....stand firm and ignore them.

• Alan H

Sorry, but that is just not credible

Dickity dicc dicc thicc as a bricc

I recommend you start secretly taping these comments and actions, and then showing them to the police and to the principal. Don't accept this abuse. If you don't contact authorities against these "people", then the abuse will continue. PS. If they are doing this to you, then they are doing similar things to other people also. I hope you stand up for yourself, their actions are TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, ABUSIVE, AND ILLEGAL.

You could always tell them that you changed your first name, or actually do so.

I'm sure EVERYONE does not poke fun at you or call you Dick... rethink this. Your name is Richard.... oh well

• .

People make fun of those they can get a reaction from. When you stop reacting, the teasing will cease.

FYI, four months ago you described yourself as a 'young teen'. Congrats on getting into college so young <sarcasm>. Misrepresentation is a TOS violation here.

Your problem is that you are getting bullied. Your name isn't the problem. What you need to do is laugh with your bullies and not show anger at all. Bullies feed on their victims fear. If you laugh with them, these people will lose interest and stop doing it. I know, because I used to be a victim of bullying.

Sorry trollboy. There are no lockers in college, and people in college don't behave the way you're describing. Try again, and if you're going to pretend to be in college, learn how to write at a 7th grade level.

Start calling yourself Ricky . I am sorry the kids are doing this to you. The human race is horrible . But keep on keepin on you will find good people. Just know that you need to focus on what is good for you . Don't waste time with the idiots. Think good things about yourself and the world as tough as that may be because we make our own world .................and choko_crayon IS RIGHT ....I AGREE WITH HIM. Only a troll would not agree.