My sil got hit by a car walking. Guy doesn t have enough ins. The guys ins is going after my mil and maybe me. Is this true?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Nope. They go after the guy and SUE HIS @SS, Find a lawyer. File an accident report. Guy should be relieved of his license permanently cause he can't drive or you Sister in Law needs to go on a serious diet...if she was wider than the whole road.

. YOU or MIL have nothing to do with this incident.(You were in Barbados, remember?)

. The guys insurance is trying to find some way to pay this bill and was hoping either your MIL or yours insurance covers whole body damage. Your rates wouldn't go up as they can fiddle with the paperwork to make it as though you never claimed anything.

Insurance is a strange bird. It sounds like a crooked way of dealing with it.

You could take it to court and the JUDGE WILL DETERMINE WHAT THE INSURANCE HAS GOT TO PAY (regardless of the coverage) The Judge word is FINAL.

More often than not, you need an accident lawyer to help you here. It is just going to pay for the medical treatments. There is no big winfall here.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

Sil was walking and some one hit him, they can not go after Sil or you. That is just plain stupid to even suggest.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

The car that hit your sister-in-law was WALKING? I've never seen a car that was able to walk.

• 11 months ago

It's true that you suck at spelling and grammar. Because what the hell are you talking about, that's why.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • May
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

Huh? Your question makes no sense. Going after your M I L for what?

They can and will "go after" anyone involved, any driver(s) or any owner(s) of the vehicle.

Anybody can sue anyone at any time for any reason under the sun

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Do I have this straight? Your sister in law, a pedestrian, was hit by a car. The owner of the vehicle doesn't have enough insurance to cover your sister in law's medical bills.

It makes no sense that the insurance that covers the owner of the vehicle would sue you or your mother in law for your sister in law's medical bills. The owner of the vehicle is responsible for the injuries. How do you see that you are involved in this?

• George
    Lv 4
    11 months ago

I've never seen a car walking, they usually ride on wheels!

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Why ? ? ? Your insurance and your MIL's ? ? Seems odd.

• 11 months ago

you need to ask them this question

• 11 months ago

What is a SIL, INS, and a MIL??

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.