moonlight asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

Does running make your glutes smaller?

So recently I have been doing glutes exercises and it is making my bum bigger. I m skinny w106 pound. But I have double chin and face is just chubby. Back then when I used to play soccer, my face was little slimmer coz I ran a lot. I want to run and sprint and lose face fat and body fat but I read the articles that running will make your glutes muscle smaller. So I start to question how long should I run in gym in speed of 7.0 and not overdo to make my glutes smaller. I have been searching things but still couldn’t find anything. Would be great if someone tell me. Thank you and take care

• Logan

Long distance running or any very long duration exercise will shrink muscles. Eventually, muscles run out of glycogen and begin using muscle protein for fuel. If you have pre and post workout carbs and a short workout this doesn't happen. Most fat loss occurs during sleep while you are fasting.

Its very unusual to have fat face at 106lbs. You should discuss it with your doctor.