Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 5 months ago

Does this whole gloobal warming thing remind you of the girl who wore the wrong prom lipstick, but had a great time anyway?

Can you find the parallel in these two scenarios?

Scenario A. A high school junior goes to the prom with angst because her lipstick doesn't match her dress. She does however, have a great time dancing, holding hands, and eye gazing at the boy who asked her. She goes home, her heart a-flutter, and in love.

Scenario B. Temps might have gone up a whopping ~1 degree since 1880, but I have documented from peer review/authoritative sources how:

--Extreme/intense, weather events are not increasing globally (some as far back as 1850)

--There are more trees globally today than 35 years ago

--There is not one direct death from this ~1 degree rise

Here's my thought:

While the alarmists in the great minority hand-wring about the wrong lipstick, the rest of us live our lives and the world keeps turning.

• You must accept the climate warming.....you are getting sleepy.....very very sleepy.....

Global temperatures have changed, both up and down, as long as the earth has been here. But they've never changed 1/10 as fast as they have in the last decade or two.

Damage done by hurricanes, tornadoes, droughts, even blizzards, is unprecedented in recorded history. There may have been a period like this before, but it would be before man learned to write things down.

I'm old. I'm set for life, I'll be okay no matter what happens. But if I had children, or grandchildren, I'd take this more seriously.

In any case, you can't make global warming go away by just denying it's happening. Republicans need to learn that you don't make a lie true by repeating it over and over.

• antarcticice

Deniers are funny, they ignore the science, pretend it’s conspiracy, post 1 or 2 papers on extreme weather events (papers that often admit AGW is happening), where are the papers saying sea level is not rising or sea ice not shrinking or temps not at record levels, whoops, they can’t find those.

• Mark

I would hardly call over 1800 deaths from Katrina "no direct deaths" and it is almost certain that the death toll from Hurricane Maria resulted in thousands of deaths as well. My suggestion is go read a science book and don't get all of your "news" from FOX.

• antarcticice

Their busy logging in/out to make fake thumbs tallies.
      As for FOX a couple of presenters push the denier line, their news does however report on climate change, I guess deniers stick their fingers in their ears when that happens.