Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 10 months ago

How long will I spend in hospital after open heart surgery?

I know everyone's different but what's the average

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    10 months ago
    Favourite answer

Usually, about 7 to 10 days after open heart surgery. Some people spend 14 days. I had a heart attack and had 3 stents put in a heart artery. I spent 3 days in the hospital (including the day I was admitted), but of course I didn't have open heart surgery.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 10 months ago

-ts a minimum of 7 days, and usually more like 10-14.   The first day or two following surgery is usually spent in intensive care.   From there it depends on whether or not complications arise. 

• 10 months ago

Once you poo after surgery and there is no complications you will be sent home.

• 10 months ago

Ask the surgeon what the average time is

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

the better your insurance the longer you stay . if it is just medicare you will be out in two days .

• Tulip
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

That's a good question for your surgeon

• 10 months ago

Not much, statistics say you they have a 30% survival rate. Enjoy that time

• Liz
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

I'm sorry you'll be going through that.

God will end all human suffering. According to the Bible, God will bring an end to the suffering of every human on the planet. By means of his heavenly Kingdom, Jehovah will drastically change the human condition—for the better. Regarding that time, the Bible promises that God “will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” (Revelation 21:4)

Wishing you a good recovery.

Source(s): jw.org
  • Sandy
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

you'll be in the cardiac care unit until they figure out the right medicinal cocktail ratio specifically for you. people tolerate meds in different amounts and some not at all. it takes time to get it right. just relax and enjoy the time there. you'll be waited on hand and foot; it's almost like being on vacation.

• 10 months ago

The Internet says 7-10 days, the first day in Intensive Care.

Hospitals try to get patients on their feet as soon as possible, and out of the hospital as quickly as possible. Because staying several days in a hospital is not totally safe! You will most likely be walking around the ICU the next day.

• Mark
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Indeed. Did you know hospitals are places to go to get sick? Seriously. You might go it to have a stent placed and come out with a cold (or worse).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.