can you be a property owner and witness on a property deed?
can you be a joint property owner and witness on a property deed?
- babyboomer1001Lv 79 months ago
You cannot witness your own signature, for obvious reasons. You can witness someone else's deed.Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
- Beverly SLv 79 months ago
I would have someone else be the witness.. Signing could be considered a conflict of interest since you are the owner.Source(s): Mortgage lender 33 years.
- curtisports2Lv 79 months ago
You can't witness the execution of a deed transferring interest in property to you. You can be a witness on any other deed and you owning property, or not, has nothing to do with it.
- realtor.sailorLv 79 months ago
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Anonymous9 months ago
The identity of the signors on deeds are verified by a notary public. No other witness is necessary.
I don't think I understand your question correctly?