New macbook battery not working?

A couple days a go my macbook had a message saying 'service battery' so it needed to be replaced, i bought a brand new battery for it (my macbook is a mid 2010, Model A1342) i replaced the battery and plugged in the adapter, a couple hours later i turned it on, i took out the adaptor and it turned off, when i clicked on the battery button it says battery not charging and the power source is the charging adaptor, so my macbook only works if i plug the charger in.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • opurt
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

That can happen for a couple of reasons.

If you don't have the exact same model of battery, then it will act as if there isn't one. For example, I've got a Late 2011 MacBook Pro, which needs the A1382 battery. The A1321 battery is the same size with the same connector but is meant for a different model and doesn't work at all.

The other common reason is that the replacement battery is defective. It happens, especially with non-Apple replacements. Contact the seller for a replacement.

Or it might be as simple as it's not fully connected to the system board. You might want to try taking it out and putting it back in again.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.