promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I have a paining with the gold plaque that says a Hay-wagon and is signed by WB stone How can I get an estimate for what it’s worth or if it’s the original?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

All you have to do is search it online. Out of curiosity I have just googled it, and found it all over the internet. You can buy it for $38 online, so it is obviously mass-produced.

One easy way to tell a print from a painting is to look at it from an angle. A print is flat, but an original painting has slightly raised paint caused by brush strokes.

• Quentin
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Now they have a trick of painting over with transparent varnish. They paint very quickly, it doesn't matter how sloppy they are. The varnished layer includes brush strokes which roughly follow shapes on the print and looks quite realistic.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

it is an actual oil painting or is it (more likely) a mass produced copy. A copy is worthless.

The fact that is signed Stone - makes no different unless its an original.

If it is an actual oil painting - then take it to a local art dealer to look at

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

If it is a painting rather than a print, look for your local fine art auction house and see if they do valuations. Some will do it on a walk-in basis, often for free. If it was a Constable they would be all over you like a cheap suit. 

• 8 months ago

Well it’s signed stone the Placher says W.stone Haywagon The back has turner manufacturing company Chicago item 5854T162 Haywagon fashion plate wall Accessories beauty and lot schedule T 50

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.