Canada is a large country in area . Why hasnt become an influential power in the world ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

First of all, because there aren't that many people relative to that size.  Second, despite being a rich country, Canada doesn't invest as heavily in it's military as the US (for example) does.  Canada's armed forces does participate in some actions with the US as allies, but they're always a secondary force because this isn't a priority for them.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It has a very small population and has channeled most of its resources domestically rather than fielding a large, interventionist military.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why should they? They've hidden behind American power and influence for many decades.

• 2 months ago

It doesn't need to.. it is fine just the way it is. All the countries who are so called influential are busy fighting and warring all the time. Canada is a peaceful nation!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Needs people. A lot and lots of people!

Peace.

• 2 months ago

Maybe they haven't been driven by over-bearing ambition. As far as I know, Canada's economy is growing, they do pretty good as a nation, they aren't given to riots, maybe except for the Leftist surge in North America.

What do you think Canada needs that they don't already have? At least they aren't like Putin, Iran, Palestine, North Korea. The Canadian's have a lot of be grateful for.

Source(s): bisexual Christian
  • 2 months ago

Probably because of its smaller population. Love Toronto and northern Ontario!

• 2 months ago

It is influential, but not as a military power. I suppose the easy answer would be that geographical area is not the important thing when it comes to "Power", as that is more a population and industrial development concern, and Canada, while fairly highly industrialized, is not heavily populated, and the population does not choose to assert its dominance on others via a powerful military. Force is not the only "power" available to a nation (or to an individual person), so I have to disagree with the premise.

• 2 months ago

Something like 85% of the nation lives within 100 miles,oops!, 160 km from the US border.

I live on the border, and was stationed in Canada with the USMC a couple of times. There is a whole lot of nothing the further North you go.

• Dora2 months agoReport

.. you are so wrong.. but likely would not appreciate the wild country, the arctic and all the great people.. stay on your border!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.