do you think I am being punished twice with 2 detentions or do I deserve the punishment i am getting ?

last night I had and after school detention for messing around in class and being rude to the teacher, I didn't want to be detained and punished for an 1 and a half hours, and my friends were going bowling so I didn't go,

this morning my head of yaer told me the punishment for not attending detention is SATURDAY detention 3 MISREABLE hours, now to make things worse I still have to serve my original detention this Friday, when I complained the head of year said the Saturday detention is a punishment for not going to the original detention , and the original detention MUST be served , this means I will be stuck in school Friday evening then back to school on Saturday for more detention and punishment IS THIS FAIR ?

Favorite Answer

You had better get used to punishment for the crime plus punishment for not following punishment rules. Since you seem to be proud of making trouble (bad girl screen name), and want to resist the consequences, you may very well end up in trouble with the law. If you don't bother to attend a court date, there will be added punishment; if you violate parole rules, there will be added punishment. If you try to escape or resist arrest, there will be added punishment. And you will still have to serve the original sentence, which could even be extended due to your attitude. Yeah, that's fair to those of us who actually obey the rules. Don't do the crime and you won't pay the fine.

• GB

Of course you don't want to be punished, that's the whole point. Letting you get away with not complying with the original detention, is unfair to others who turned up.

3 hour detention on a Saturday? Don’t your teachers have lives????

You need to show teachers respect and you should be punished for not doing so. You behaved badly and now you need to deal with the punishment. Is that so hard to understand? Is this question really necessary... kids!!!

The punishment would be the same for any student at your school.

Best thing to do is accept the consequence you've earned by your behavior and serve both detentions.

Even when you are an adult, you will have rules that need to be followed. When they're broken, there are consequences.

We have a hotline open 24/7 for teens. We are here to talk about anything you are going through.

Take care,

SM, Counselor

Boys Town National Hotline

1-800-448-3000

What's your source?

Www.yourlifeyourvoice.org

We aren't here to be fair, so whether it's fair in your view or not fair is your feeling on the matter.

And if you have the detention just get it overwith. It's only three hours.

• -

Do the crime do the time. Absolutely you deserve every minute of detention.

• art

when I was at school the teacher would have given you six strikes on the hand with the school belt for the original crime, even the toughest of kids would have tears running down their faces afterward

• Edna

We got it with a paddle.  When I was in school, the thing you feared most was being sent to the principal's office!

• John P

It depends on the general regime of punishment severity in your school (or possibly state or country). If you do have to serve even one of those detentions, maybe take a book with you to study the use of the English language - you need some improvement.

Wah, wah, wah. Yes, it's legit and fair. Learn from hit.

What school is open on a Saturday. Obviously it's fair. Obviously it's fair. You appear to be a little dense.

• Catherine

I dont need to call anyone. I know when schools are open where I reside, which is why I asked where school are open on a Saturday. I guess basic English isn't your strong point.

• edward

The class reps always had to ask me (student body president) before dealing out punishments to the other kids in class. I usually wrote it off as Friday is punishment enough. I never stayed on weekends

• Edna

I've  never heard of a "class rep" having to ask the "student body president"  if a teacher could deal out punishment to a student. We didn't even HAVE a "class rep" and the School Principal was our "student body president". He didn't usually cut you too much slack.