Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 5 months ago

I smoked weed a few days ago and now my asthma is bad- will I get arrested if I go to hospital in the UK?

Hi guys so I smoked some weed a few days ago even though I had a bad cough already. I now have this persistent dry cough that use to be a cheery cough and I’m in such pain especially around the throat region and I want to go to hospital to get checked out but I’m scared that I’ll get into trouble. So if the hospital find weed in my system, will I be arrested?

• Edna

You won't get in any trouble. In order to detect weed in your system, the lab must be told to specifically look for traces of weed in your blood sample. In a routine blood test, if the lab finds traces of weed, it's just ignored. They aren't interested in traces of weed - they're looking for traces of "hard" drugs..

• In

You sound like you might have strep throat. Go see a doctor ASAP and leave the hospital for emergencies. No one will give you a drug test unless your parent or guardian requests it.

• k w

didn't your parents teach you how to gargle with salted-water ? and maybe after you feel

a bit better, some honey, or honey and some whiskey ? just a small amount, not to get drunk

Why would anyone want to put smoke into their lungs knowing they have asthma?

You will not. Be honest with them if they ask, the staff can't really help you unless they know all about you and what has been happening.

As Tavy says your local surgery would be the place to go.

• Tavy

Hospital is for emergencies in the UK. Go to your own Doctor. They don't care if you smoke weed.

LOL. You don't get arrested for smoking weed. You only get arrested for possession and even then the police usually look the other way, or give you a caution. Hospitals see far worse when it comes to drugs and do not usually coordinate with the police unless it's to do with a violent crime. The problem you may have is that it would show up on a blood test, so they might tell your parents. But idk how old you are, maybe that doesn't matter. But you won't get in any trouble.