suzuki rmz250?

im having troubling making my new suzuki rmz250 run. im fairly new at riding and im having troubling starting the bike probably to get it to run. when i do get it to start when i **** the gear from neutral i get a small push forward then the bike cut off? am i doing something wrong?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Did you put the side stand up? There is a safety switch that will kill the engine if you put it in gear with the side stand down.

• In
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Has anyone instructed you on the use of the choke?

• 2 months ago

i remember holding the clutch down as i try to get the bike out of neutral i didnt know it was key to strring the bike

• Firestormer
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

I thought so. Get rid of the bike before you kill someone

• 2 months ago

Sounds like clutch-drag so look-up that process on how to adjust the clutch.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Are you actually pulling the clutch in or are you just smashing the bike into gear with engine running?

If you aren't using the clutch, then sell the bike, You will just kill yourself

• Tim D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Has it got a clutch or sidestand switch? Are they operating correctly?

The first thing to do is take out the plug and examine its condition (google reading a spark plug), you might as well replace it anyway it is cheap, easy and often effective – just make sure the gap is correct with a feeler gauge.

What about the clutch? Is it correctly adjusted? Are the plates worn? Could it be operator error?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.