promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Albert
Lv 5
Albert asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 9 months ago

Why is thinking apparently so difficult for the idiot masses?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Dze
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favourite answer

people are taught to fit into the system, not question it ... if you got the iq of a goldfish and think you descended from a monkey your 'just right' ...

• 7 months ago

Fear of G-D is the beginning of wisdom.

• Albert
      Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

To be a sheep or not? To be that square or just to say **** it! Think outside the box.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • goring
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

The difficulty for human understanding is that there is a tendency towards narcissism.

• 9 months ago

Because the cumulative thinking of a crowd tends to become "same".

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

The minority of people are athletically gifted as little Jesse Owens, while the majority are just able to walk..

The same applies to the brain ....

The consequent effect on "democracy" ir rather worrying

• 9 months ago

If you asked me to run a marathon right now I would find it difficult.

Because I have not trained my muscles for the task.

When media, politicians, employers and others rely upon us being uncritical unthinking and passive consumers they do not encourage us to use our brains.

Being intrinsically lazy people ride bikes rather than walk. They drive cars rather than ride bikes. They even use mobility scooters to avoid walking.

The same people avoid thinking if possible. And there is nothing else outside that compels us or encourage us to think. It is not like a caveman who would die if they could not solve the problems related to survival.

So mentally we are the equivalent of the modern sedentary slob who is fat and quite incapable of any serious physical activity.

• 9 months ago

One answer is that thinking is energetically inefficient for the brain, so if not necessary the brain will rather not do it.

Another answer is that the establishment needs workers that are educated just enough so that they can do a job. So they need to be taught how to learn, not necessarily how to think. And then you pay them just enough so they can live on it but will have to return to work after each pay slip :-)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.