My college roommate complains about my decorating skills?

My friend and I moved into a college dorm together. I don’t really have a theme. My colors don’t match the best and I didn’t put a lot of time into decorating my side. But my friend on the other hand went all out. She has lots of throw pillows and fluffy blankets etc. She bought a headboard and just tons of stuff.... show more My friend and I moved into a college dorm together. I don’t really have a theme. My colors don’t match the best and I didn’t put a lot of time into decorating my side. But my friend on the other hand went all out. She has lots of throw pillows and fluffy blankets etc. She bought a headboard and just tons of stuff. It looks like something straight off of Pinterest. This is all fine with me, but I am just not willing to spend the time or money that she does on my side. But the other day she said something like “why don’t you decorate your bed so it’s not boring.” “Your side is mixing up the theme.” I’ll admit that our sides look very different but I thought that was fine considering WE EACH GET OUR OWN SIDE.. I’m not asking her to look at my side. But I get what she is saying. She worked so hard to decorate her side and she feels like I should do the same. I got offended at first.. but am I in the wrong? Or is she just rude?
9 answers 9