Do the people in the UK feel like they have been stabbed in the back by their own corrupt government.?

I think it disgraceful to read about a vote you had nearly 4 tears ago and you are all still in the same miserable place.

I assume you are referring to Brexit.

The people who voted out,which was a small majority,are still waiting for it to happen.

Unfortunately we have certain people in parliament who are doing everything possible to have the outcome of the vote reversed.A lot of people do feel they have been stabbed in the back and wondering if there is any point in voting on anything in the future.Hopefully the mess that the wonderful politicians has caused will get sorted very shortly.

• RR

We are sick to death of MPs. They are a disgrace. The prattle on about democracy but they want to ignore the referendum result. They simply won't agree to any deal.

• August

Not stabbed in the back but let down by all the a rsoles. They have been a disgrace and should all hold their heads in shame. Once this is over, I will never vote again for anything

• Clive

What does this have to do with travel?

But as you asked, yes, a lot of people are getting fed up that Brexit is taking so long. The government is actually fine, it's done everything it can to make progress, under Theresa May it sorted out a leaving agreement with the EU 11 months ago, and the problem is Parliament, which refuses to vote for it. In fact it refuses to vote for anything, because the truth is most of them don't want Brexit. The fact that WE, the people, voted for it, doesn't interest them.

Labour has been going on for months about "we need a general election" but now Boris has offered one, they refused to vote for it. Twice. The reason is obvious - there will be terrible revenge. Smart guy, actually - my Mum's MP is one of the rebels who doesn't want Brexit, no way is she going to vote for him again, and now he's been kicked out of the party by Boris, the local Conservatives (who don't like him much either) will have to find another candidate for next time and that will make Mum's choice much easier. She actually voted Remain, but takes the view that in a democracy, when we actually get asked the question, you do what the people said. Which is exactly the view my own MP took and totally agree with. And he's just decided he's not standing again. He didn't say it in his announcement but I strongly suspect he's fed up with politics.

The whole thing is utterly disgraceful, but don't blame the government. It's the opposition in the House of Commons who are responsible for the screw-up. Personally I would like to see the entire anti-Brexit squad get a public spanking in Parliament Square.

The only hope, really, is that when Boris asks the EU for more time (which he is required to do by law passed a couple of weeks ago), it says no.