promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

do I have pay income tax to California where I work and live in nevada?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

You ALWAYS pay state income tax in the state where you work it that state has a state income tax.

Most states with an income tax also tax residents, but usually have a credit for taxes paid to the state where you work.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

Yes you do. You pay in the state where you earn the income and where you live. You would get a credit in your home state for tax paid to another state except if your home state had no income tax. Like Nevada.

• 9 months ago

If you live or work in California then you must file a California state income tax return and you must pay state income tax somewhere. If you pay income tax to another state, then you might not have to pay California (but you would still have to file) or you might have to pay California as well. If you don't pay anything to the other state, then you would definitely need to pay California.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

You have it BACKWARDS. If you work in California, you ALWAYS pay California income tax fist. You may not have to pay where you live.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Just send the amount due to me

• Eva
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

You pay non-resident income tax to CA and get a credit for it on your NV return.

• Wayne Z
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

There is no income tax in Nevada so there is nothing to credit.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.