Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 5 months ago

I crashed my car and I’m 21. I don’t know if I should go to my insurance or try to fix myself?

So I recently spun out in my car and caused a little damage. Took out the back bumper and have some damage to the front and rear suspension. I did not hit any other car and I did not cause any damage to any public property. My insurance currently does not know, and there is also no police report. I have been getting quotes around town and the repair cost is approaching the four to $6000 range. I am 21 years old and I’m debating whether or not if I should file a claim with my insurance even though I paid for full coverage. If I do this with my insurance skyrocket and will the value of my car significantly decrease when there is no frame damage I have been getting quotes around town and the repair cost is approaching the four to $6000 range. I am 21 years old and I’m debating whether or not if I should file a claim with my insurance even though I pay for full coverage. If I do this with my insurance skyrocket and will the value of my car significantly decrease when there is no frame damage. ? Please help me figure this out

• May
    Favorite Answer

You need a class in logic....and math. Do you really believe that any insurance increase that you **** M A Y **** receive will be more than your estimate of the $4,000. to $6000. range. If you believe this, I have a beautiful ocean side lot in Arizona that I would like to sell you.

Your car will not lose value if it is repaired correctly.

People who have insurance but are afraid to use it because of the fear of a rate increase have several screws loose.

Jeez !!

• Kevin5 months agoReport

I needed that reality check. Thanks ima go for it. If they raise it a ton after I do u owe me that lot xd

We don't know what your insurance costs now - but it will go up 5 to 15% for the next 2 to 6 years for a claim that large........if you know your agent well, he could give you a guess (but his commissions are probably dependent on the amout of claims from his clients).

I'm guessing you're 21 and the damage is around $6K, since you mentioned both several times in your mini-novel.

Your insurance rates would definitely rise due to an at-fault accident, but I doubt the increase would total more than $6K.

• g

You have insurance on your vehicle, correct? If so, USE IT!

Maybe if the damage was around a grand you could consider fixing it your self in lieu of filing a claim. But at 6 large? You would be nuts not to.

• Edna

Your insurance isn't going to go up as much as you think it will (if it goes up any at all). Insurance doesn't ALWAYS go up, just because you have an accident. 6k is NOT a "little" damage. The value of your car will significantly decrease if you DON'T have the damage repaired.