Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 11 months ago

Why do some people dye their hair weird colors and get piercings and tattoos all over themselves?

It looks horrible.

I have had some tell me "because it makes me feel good about myself".............It take A LOT for them to feel good about themselves apparently.

All that work on the outside, makes me wonder if they are not neglecting the inside.

Back when I was a kid, only hardass motorcycle dudes had tattoos. Those were supposedly criminals and degenerates of society. At least that was the impression I got as a kid. But now I do not believe motorcycle dudes are all thugs.

Fast forward to today. Tattoos and piercings and shades of rainbow colored hair are sported by much of our youth on up to seniors. It is much more acceptable today because body art and piercings and hair color is a show of one's individual personality. People have memorial tattoos among other inked art work, holes the size of quarters in their ears, metal dangling from their belly button, studs in their nose, eyebrows, lips, tongue and probably in other areas not seen by the public as well.

I think people want to be individualized and use their bodies to portray their personality. But, in the meanwhile, as these people morph their bodies their appearance becomes rather odd and terribly distracting. Then you get to see your fair share of horrible ink work, scars from ripped holes and ruined straw like hair from dying chemicals. Yeah, it is weird and I will never understand why people would want to permanently and drastically change their appearance, but my only guess is that something is going on on the inside that is being expressed on the outside.

I think unnatural hair colours are cool, but tattoos and piercings are gross. I could never do that, no matter how I feel about myself. I can't explain why some people do it - but it makes them look like pieces of ****.

presumably because they want to be different and stand out.

Because that is how they choose to express themselves. I don't happen to agree with it, but that's as far as I go. I don't want someone interfering in my life, either. What they choose to think about how I live my life is their business. As long as they don't interfere in it.

Americans pretty much do what they want to do.

I have no clue. No really...all that is ugly as sin. Yet they do it. I seems to be some sort of self-abuse, like they're trying to punish themselves for living or something.

• Murzy

They want to be noticed.

For the same reasons you choose the clothes you wear.

• Oh how cute, someone must be a shut in to be shocked by this.

Little old ladies now routinely dye their hair weird colors. So unless you're a time traveler from the year 1980, you have no real point.

• Rain

That's because they want to.