Do I need a laptop for college?

I'm debating whether to get a laptop for college. I've already found a decent one for under £300. The computers at my college are very bad. They are slow, unreliable, or vandalised. I have students in my class that bring their own keyboard and mouse from home to college because often the keyboard and mice... show more I'm debating whether to get a laptop for college. I've already found a decent one for under £300. The computers at my college are very bad. They are slow, unreliable, or vandalised. I have students in my class that bring their own keyboard and mouse from home to college because often the keyboard and mice are missing. Often the teachers will need to rent laptops for the class. The problem with those are they either don't connect to the internet, have keys missing, or just slow. This is often also an issue as my class consists of 27 students and 30 computers. The majority of them are either nonfunctional, or are missing their keyboard and mouse. I don't really need a laptop for home as I either use my phone, or my desktop. So should I invest in a laptop, or should I just suck it up?
27 answers 27