Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicJokes & Riddles · 10 months ago

Are Jokes fine at Funerals?

For example, if you wanted to simply cheer someone up, but not be disrespectful to the funeral, or anyone, what Joke would you say?

Not really. Levity is fine in most circumstances but there comes a time when one has to be a little bit more serious. This is one of those times.

Only if you say “ it seems dead in here” that’s funny

I can see it now:

"Yep, I knew Jed well, my condolences to his wife, Avory, and his son, Billy.  I know you didn't mean to drive him to suicide." 

I like telling them the JOKE...........

I want to be BURIED with my BUTT sticking OUT of the GROUND so when my SON gets HERE he has a PLACE to PARK his BIKE.........😂😂😂😂

If you know how to handle it, that is

It all depends on the person and the survivors. For instance, if the deceased was a comic, then a good natured joke could be OK.

I have a number of nasty little tumors growing in me,so I've been thinking a lot about death.Doing the 5 stages roulette, if you will.I'm to the acceptance stage I guess.I started planning, working out paperwork and legal arrangements and all that.I decided my whole funeral is going to be jokey, one final goodbye troll.Put the Fun back in Fun-eral 😉Everything From the music and photos I picked to my epitaph:

Friends, I have dearly loved you,

Until this, my journeys end.

Care for & love each other, now.

Kindness & comfort lend.

Make each other smile now, for

Even broken hearts can mend.

Its all jokes and humor.Notice what the first letters of each line spell if you read straight down. Yeah. Goofy stuff like that.I think people should try to lift each other up, make each other laugh,especially in the face of death.So yeah,jokes are fine even at a funeral.Some people might get offended, but who cares?Funerals are for the living anyway,after all,and being alive should be a good feeling.

I don't think it would be appropriate to say a joke at a funeral it could upset people more.

• Lôn

Something funny that the deceased did....

• Gag Me

I'd say no. You might say a joke that isn't appreciated by everyone who hears it.