Is a probate final statement legal when signed?

I got the final statement for the settlement of my late father s money from probate. I signed and dated it but the lawyer drew up another one saying that the first one wasnt right. We have been done out of around 2000 pounds. The second one isn t right. Can she do this after I signed the first statement? I don t know what to do? Thanks

• 1 year ago

Can people fix mistakes? Yup.

• 1 year ago

YOUR signature has NOTHING to do with the settlement being legal.

AT MOST, it is an acknowledgement you received a copy of the statement.

• 1 year ago

It doesn't matter if you signed the first statement, it matters if they signed it.

If they signed it, then they are bound by it. If you signed it, then its ok (before their signing) for them to say "oops, here's the correct one". But if they signed the first before sending it to you, they are bound by that.

• 1 year ago

Report the solicitor to the court and to whatever body oversees the conduct of solicitors. In the US, we say 'attorney' and there is a bar association that governs the conduct of attorneys.

1 year ago

Yes when I was appointed the executor of the estate and there was a lawyer handling the case that my grandmother had designated upon her death. My first move was to immediately fire the lawyer! I let the lawyer administer the estate to me. On day one like it stipulated. as soon as he did that I told him your services are no longer required I'll handle the rest I'm not paying you $45,000 I'll do the work the lawyer cried and moaned and bitched and complained tough crap! I drew up my own papers and I submitted them to the judge and I made the court appearances and save myself $45,000 you can do the same

• 1 year ago

Refuse to sign until you understand and agree to the changes. Your lawyer should ask the probate judge to determine why changes are necessary and if the executor is qualified to handle the estate.