Does anybody else remember this TV show?

Ok. I have this vague memory of a show that was broadcast in the uk. I want to say in the 1990 s but there is a possibility it was late 80 s. From what i remember of it it was looking back at an old crime/death regarding a firey train crash which had an unidentified male body in it. They were attempting to identify... show more Ok. I have this vague memory of a show that was broadcast in the uk. I want to say in the 1990 s but there is a possibility it was late 80 s. From what i remember of it it was looking back at an old crime/death regarding a firey train crash which had an unidentified male body in it. They were attempting to identify the person, and i remember that it turned out to be a transgender male to female who lived as a woman. She was married to a high ranking army soldier who did not come forward as if it came out his wife was born male he would have lost his job. For years off and on its been bugging me what this show actually was so hopefully someone out there will know!