Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 11 months ago

Is 50 thousand a year good starting pay?

My job goes up to around 73 thousand top pay after 12 years. I'll be close to retirement by then. Its school bus driving.

• B

starting pay of $50K is good, however continue going to school to improve your possibilities, regardless of your age

Almost a thousand a week with a good ten weeks off during the year is pretty good pay. Around here, bus drivers are paid on the school calendar, so it's more than a grand per week. They can go on unemployment for the summer, or they can earn extra money over the summer if the school district has summer school runs or does charters. That's decent money, because it's generally less than an eight hour day.

• Pam

50k for driving a school bus? TAKE IT!

• Sam

That seems pretty good.

It's OK, but not high pay. You won't be paid enough to have much disposable income, though.

I hope you get some benefits that accompany your base pay (health insurance, retirement program, etc.)

HALF of all US households make less than that. I am not referring to starting pay. I am referring to total income for everyone in the household.

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL.

IMO that's a lot of money for driving a school bus.

Sure sounds like it to me.