Does landlord cover water damage? all belonging destroyed.?

There is damage in my apartment. we live in 1st floor and bathroom ceiling leaks sometimes cause they said building pipe broke or something. they say they would fix but they haven't yet. and today it leaked through closet ceiling and destroyed all the winter clothes, book, smelly, suitcase, literally everything... show more There is damage in my apartment. we live in 1st floor and bathroom ceiling leaks sometimes cause they said building pipe broke or something. they say they would fix but they haven't yet. and today it leaked through closet ceiling and destroyed all the winter clothes, book, smelly, suitcase, literally everything was wet and smelly. room started to smell thats why i opened the closet, god knows when it leaked and destroyed all my belongings. I have to walk couple blocks away even to do laundry and so much work it wash all these things. building supervisor told us to take pictures and show them to landlord so it covers the damage.Now I made appointment and went to talk to them, they said since i dont have rental insurance, they don't cover the damage. I don't know much about this, but its not flood damage, not raining some damage. its something wrong with this building i live. they are just gonna come and paint tommrow thats all. I have to take my time and can't even rest and go wash all this thing paying my own money to do laundry and all.
18 answers 18