Car Financing Dilemma?

Ok so long story short, a year ago i got myself into a situation that has came back to bite me. I went to a dealership and walked out with a brand new 2018 Hyundai Elantra, making $360/ month payments. At the time I swore I could afford it, but now I cannot. I’m trying to figure out what are my legal options here.... show more Ok so long story short, a year ago i got myself into a situation that has came back to bite me. I went to a dealership and walked out with a brand new 2018 Hyundai Elantra, making $360/ month payments. At the time I swore I could afford it, but now I cannot.

I’m trying to figure out what are my legal options here. I have found SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper/ older cars I am interested in, but I don’t know how to go about LEGALLY getting rid of my Hyundai. They listed my father as the primary on the car, as I didn’t have a credit score at the time, so voluntary repossession is out of the picture (I don’t want to hurt his credit). I’ve also called (only one time so far) and mentioned trading it in for a cheaper car on a used-dealers lot, but the company was small and said they did not have the funds to pay for my car.

I am aware I’m going to lose money on this car no matter what I do. Any suggestion helps. Thanks!