promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 9 months ago

How can a universe create itself?

I'm not saying there is or isn't a God, I'm just wondering.

57 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favourite answer

It was a Quark of Nature

• Ronald 7
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Plenty of thumbs down, but no comments why ? either way !!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

The big fart Theory LOLfdrhhgfffygggfftggvffrtygvfddrtygg

• 8 months ago

circular question. the big bang not only created space but time, meaning that the "cause and effect" logic does not apply here.

• 8 months ago

In your question, you are asking the already existing universe to create itself. Obviously, it couldn't... since it already exists.

However "nothing" (whatever that is) can create something - and the corresponding anti-something. Those who study "nothing" have noted that it is quite unstable. It does tend to break down into something (and its anti-something). No laws of physics are broken, since the sum of what is created is zero.

The idea of those who say that the universe "poofed" out of nothing is based on that. The probability of a bigger "something" goes down with the size of the something (we can observe quantum fluctuations creating electron-positron pairs -- creation of proton and anti-proton pairs is A LOT rarer); however, it never reaches exactly zero.

The probability of "nothing" creating a universe is extremely small, but it is NOT zero. And we only need for it to happen once. When Richard Feynman tried to build a model for that, he quickly realized that there would have been an anti-universe created at the same time, with this anti-universe moving backwards in time (in this way, the two would never meet). However, his model had mathematical flaws and was forgotten (that was back in the 1960s)

I do not believe in such quantum fluctuations being able to create a whole universe. However, as a mathematician, I cannot remove the possibility, however small, that it COULD happen. I cannot prove it to be impossible.

Father Lemaitre, the priest who created the mathematical model that became the Big Bang theory, thought that God used natural events to "create" the universe. The quantum fluctuation is a natural event, and it could have caused the appearance of the universe out of nothing.

So who knows.

---

Father Lemaitre used to say that his model being based on scientific evidence, it should work even for atheists (they were very much against the Big Bang theory). In science (real science), belief in God changes nothing: He set out the rules and science tries to untangle these rules.

• Tor8 months agoReport

The point is that the law of conservation states that matter can neither be created nor destroyed. Therefore, the concept of the big bang isn't plausible under our rules of physics.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

It Can't... Stewie and Brian Blew Up Stewies Time machine

• 9 months ago

There can be nothing from zero. Someone has created the universe. He is my God

• 9 months ago

Same way a god gives birth to them self.

• 9 months ago

One interpretation of your question is, "How did the universe evolve from Planck time (10^-43 seconds) to the present?" Another interpretation might be, "What happened between time 0 and Planck time?" There are a lot of good (albeit complex) answers to the first question, but no answers to the second. Which question are you asking?

• Clive
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

That would need explaining quantum physics to you, and I don't have time for that.

• 9 months ago

If God created universe, how did God create himself?

Time is not well understood. We don't know why time flows, if it is discrete or continuous, if it had a beginning or end. A deeper knowledge of time and space and quantum gravity might help explain how a universe can come from nothing.

• sparrow
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Einstein said time is an illusion. Time doesn't actually exist. There is only change in energy. That's cause causes time.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.