Do you think students should be allowed to do homework in detention instead of punishment essays ?

I have just got home from serving an after school detention, it lasted for 1 and a half hours, it was VERY dull and VERY boring, we were given 5 minutes to get to the detention room then 10 minutes for the teacher that was taking the detention, to take the register then give out the punishment essays, this meant I... show more I have just got home from serving an after school detention, it lasted for 1 and a half hours, it was VERY dull and VERY boring, we were given 5 minutes to get to the detention room then 10 minutes for the teacher that was taking the detention, to take the register then give out the punishment essays, this meant I got out of school 1 hour 45 minutes late, those of us being detained and punished had to write a 4 page essay on why we were in detention and why we were being punished, I had to write a punishment essay on why its important to behave in class,
MY QUESTION don't you agree we should be allowed to do homework in detention instead of punishment essay, so we have some free time when we get home ?