4-year-old shot & killed by sibling at Texas home. How can we decrease the number of these tragic accidental gun deaths involving children?

A 4-year-old Texas boy was shot and killed by his sibling Sunday in Fort Worth, multiple news outlets are reporting.

https://www.wftv.com/news/trending-now/4-year-old-...

Educate ignorant parents. The weapon was either not locked up, or left where the child could gain access to it. In my state the owner of the weapon would be charged

Maybe we should require people to get a background check and a license to have children.

• Think of this as evolution in action.

Are we suppose to say get rid of guns? Nope this is entirely the parents responsibility. Hopefully they feel appropriately guilty of the childs death.

Since we can't rely on the gun owner to be smart enough to be properly secured, maybe the answer is to rely on the gun (smart guns).

• linkus86

Hmm, you have an interesting definition of responsible considering all the accidental deaths each year. But I know you to be someone who isn't interested in facts when they don't serve your agenda. I just referenced the article as an alternative to taking the guns away.

• Frank

Gun locks. Gun safes. Parental supervision.

If the parents also own an AR-15, when they see their kid pick up the handgun they can take him out. It's a good reason to have superior firepower, and it's called "defense of others."

Source(s): The NRA approved this message.

You can't fight darwin. If parents give very young children access to guns, they decrease their kins' survival rate. It is just part of the natural order.

• Anna

Children have the right to grow up and the parents negligence deprived the poor dead child if that plus the 4 year olds sibling will grow up feeling guilty for the rest of his/her life. And I bet you wouldn't say that if YOU lost a child.

Who is this "we" you speak of, MonkeyBrainz?

Please share!

• Nuff Sed

@Katnip: "Facebook"?? I don't think I even know anyone who has a Facebook account, or at least nobody who brags about it.

They should charge the gun owner with manslaughter for failing to properly secure their weapon.