Was it rudely blunt when a pharmacist wished me good luck with prescribed weight loss tablets?

I was prescribed weight loss tablets by my doctor and went to the chemist today to collect them. After talking with the top pharmacist about possible side effects and health issues, I went to the service counter to buy the tablets. Another pharmacist was assigned to serve me at the last minute, and did the... show more I was prescribed weight loss tablets by my doctor and went to the chemist today to collect them.

After talking with the top pharmacist about possible side effects and health issues, I went to the service counter to buy the tablets.

Another pharmacist was assigned to serve me at the last minute, and did the payment transaction.

She took one look at the med box then turned to me and said: "I hope these will work for you" before I paid and left.

Immediately, I was surprised by what she said - that she can see I had a weight problem without me mentioning it, and she hoped my weight problem will be solved with the tablets. And we've never seen each other before, she took one look at me and said that.

Now I'm not one of those annoying people who throw fits when their weight is mentioned then goes to a burger place and eat all they want and terrorise everybody with ignorance. I'm much more sophisticated than that.

I just thought the pharmacist was blunt, as she doesn't know me and it sounds like my weight issue is noticeable. I felt embarrassed and shocked to say the least.

Maybe I'm overreacting. But between two strangers, some things are best not said.